…run, ski, fastpack, bike, swim, train, compete, suffer, fail, and keep at it until you succeed and then do it all over again?
…the ultimate reward of endurance sports is the continual process of self-discovery and personal growth that arises out of athletic challenges.
…is committed to helping you gain knowledge and cultivate enduring roots in an active, fitness-oriented lifestyle that fosters self-discovery and personal growth.
…by providing smart training tools, educational resources, and coaching to help you achieve success in your endurance adventures.
Welcome to Alp Fitness
I have been drawn to an active lifestyle since I began running at age 10 and competing in triathlons at age 16. Although I spent a few decades racing seriously, the allure of endurance sports for me has always been about more than the competition. For me, endurance sports provide a way to explore the beauty of our world and learn about ourselves in the process. There’s nothing I enjoy more than heading off the beaten path to explore the trails, and you will find me somewhere in the world doing just that.
My own journey in endurance sports is driven by a curiosity to learn and explore while sharing the insights, knowledge, and inspiration I gain with you. I created Alp Fitness as an extension of that underlying purpose, which guides the various roles I play in life, from scholar to educator to athlete to coach. I love learning and I love helping others learn and grow in turn.
On this website you will find articles that answer training questions by delving into the scientific literature to synthesize and apply findings to help you train smart. I come from an academic background and my coaching approach is grounded in science, guided by an open mind engaged in continual learning to keep expanding my knowledge and experience — so I can pass the insights, knowledge, and inspiration on to you.
In addition to the resources found on this website and in my training guides, I offer coaching and training plans through TrainingPeaks. Please get in touch if you would like to explore working together as you prepare for your next adventure.
— Adam Hodges, Mountain Endurance Athlete & Coach
About the Coach
* UESCA Certified Running Coach
* UESCA Certified Ultrarunning Coach
* UESCA Certified Triathlon Coach
* UESCA Specialization in Sports Psychology
* USA Triathlon Certified Coach
* ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
* TrainingPeaks Accredited Coach
* PhD, MA, BA, University of Colorado
* Winter Sprint Duathlon (Run/Ski) Age-Group National Champion
* Run Rabbit Run 100-mile Ultramarathon Finisher
* Mount Everest Marathon Finisher
* XTERRA SoCal Trail Running Series Champion
* USA Triathlon All-American
* Team USA Competitor, ITU World Triathlon Championships
* Team USA Competitor, ITU World Duathlon Championships
* Ironman World Championship Qualifier and Competitor
* Rocky Mountain Sprint Triathlon Age-Group Champion
* Rocky Mountain Duathlon Age-Group Champion
* Podium Finisher, Collegiate National Triathlon Championships
* Member, Collegiate National Triathlon Championship Team