To excel in your athletic goals, you need to train with a purpose. Training with a purpose means knowing why you are doing a particular workout and how that workout fits into your overall progression toward your goals. But to train with a purpose, you need a plan.
To create your own custom training plan, check out the “Guide to Creating Your Training Plan.”
The guide explains:
- What the different training phases are that form the building blocks of any plan,
- What key workout types are associated with those training phases,
- How to arrange the building blocks based on your unique starting point and goals.
The guide demonstrates:
- How to use the Alp Fitness training plan template to develop your long-range plan,
- How to schedule your weekly workouts as you begin implementing the plan.
If you are an endurance athlete interested in designing your own custom training plan, this guide provides you with the templates and tools you need to coach yourself.
If you are currently using — or considering using — an Alp Fitness training plan and are curious about the philosophy behind the plan or would like to customize the plan, this guide provides you with additional details so you can expertly adapt and tailor your plan.
Use the guide as you define your goals and prioritize your races for the upcoming season. Select the appropriate progression across training phases for your goals. Create your own customized training plan and schedule your weekly training to target the desired training effects.